Activating your Telstra SIM card is easy and straightforward. Whether you have a pre-paid or post-paid plan, the process is the same. Here are some simple steps to help you activate your Telstra SIM card.
- Insert your new SIM card into your device.
- For pre-paid plans, go to prepaid.activate.telstra.com.au and enter your SIM serial number (on the back of your SIM kit). You can choose to transfer your number from your current provider, or activate a new number with Telstra Pre-Paid.
- For post-paid plans, sign in or download the My Telstra app and make sure you open it on Wi-Fi/internet to complete activation. Then go to Get Help > My Orders and select your order > Activate Your Sim Card.
- If you’re activating a Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband device, remove the back cover and battery from the device, insert the SIM card with the gold chip facing down, replace the battery and back cover and place the device in an area with good reception before turning it on for activation to be completed automatically in minutes.
- If you’re activating a Pre-Paid service in store, bring along one of these Australian issued documents: Drivers Licence; Learners Permit; Passport; Proof of Age Card; or Medicare Card as proof of identity so that you can complete activation quickly and easily at any Telstra store or participating dealer outlet across Australia.
Following these steps will ensure that you have activated your Telstra SIM card correctly and efficiently so that you can start using it right away!